Bariatric Surgery in Chandler & Mesa, Arizona
Start Your Weight Loss Journey With Agave Surgical Specialists
The board-certified bariatric surgeons at Agave Surgical specialists take pride finding the right weight loss solution for each of our patients. In conjunction with our hospital partners, we offer the following services to guide you through every step of your weight loss journey.
- Pre-Surgery Consultations
- Pre-Surgery Testing & Medical Examinations
- Lifestyle & Health Counseling
- Psychiatric Counseling Referrals Available
- Dietary Consultation
- Weight Loss Surgery Procedures
- Post-Operative Follow-Up Care
- Continuous Monitoring
- Ongoing Dietary Counseling
- Annual Check-Ups Available
Are You a Candidate for Weight Loss Surgery?
We take many factors into consideration when determining if a weight loss procedure is right for our patients. If you meet one of the following criteria, you may be a candidate.
- Weigh 100 lbs. more than your ideal body weight.
- Have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 40 or more with no other obesity related health conditions.
- Have a BMI between 35 and 40 and one other obesity-related health condition, such as high blood pressure, diabetes or high cholesterol
If you have a higher than average BMI and want to know if your health is at risk, you should contact Agave Surgical Specialists for further assessments.
Types of Weight Loss Surgery Provided at Agave Surgical Specialists
This procedure helps individuals lose weight by restricting the amount of food and calories that can be eaten at one time. The part of the stomach that is removed secretes a hormone called ghrelin which is partly responsible for appetite and hunger. Due to the decreased amount of ghrelin, patients experience a loss or reduction in appetite. This loss of appetite induced by sleeve gastrectomy surgery helps individuals achieve weight loss.
Gastric Bypass Surgery helps individuals lose weight by restricting the amount of food and calories that can be eaten at one time. This not only helps you reduce your overall caloric intake, it also helps you make better nutritional decisions. After your procedure you may experience discomfort after eating sugars, fats, and carbs. This ensures you are not only losing weight, but living a healthier and happier life as well. Learn more about Gastric Bypass.
Gastric Band Surgery is a procedure to control weight and treat obesity. Gastric Band not only helps you reduce your overall caloric intake, it also helps you make better nutritional decisions. Initially, weight loss will be drastic, about 2-3 pounds per week. Overtime that will decrease to about 1 pound per week then after 18 months, weight loss will significantly decrease. The majority of the weight loss will occur within the first year.
The Benefits of Weight Loss Surgery
Minimally invasive surgery offers many benefits over traditional bariatric surgery including:
- Decreased chance of gastrointestinal leaks
- Lower chance of needing a follow-up surgery
- Lower chance of converting to open surgery
- Lower rate of complications
- Shorter hospital stay
Get Started Today!
Agave Surgical Specialists will become part of your personal weight loss support team. Our goal is to keep you informed and inspired toward achieving a healthier lifestyle. Our bariatric surgeons provide weight loss surgery at our offices in Mesa and Chandler, Arizona. Call Agave Surgical Specialists to schedule your weight loss consultation.