Weight Loss Surgery in Phoenix
Are You A Candidate For Weight Loss Surgery?
Start Your Weight Loss Journey With Dignity Health Medical Group
Dignity Health Medical Group provides the best in bariatric care offering safe solutions and real results. We are known throughout Arizona as a leading weight loss clinic. Our highly trained and experienced surgeons take pride in finding the right weight loss solution for each of our patients in the Phoenix metro area. In conjunction with our hospital partners, we offer the following services to guide you through every step of your weight loss journey.
Offering Comprehensive Weight Loss Care
- Pre-Surgery Consultations
- Pre-Surgery Testing & Medical Examinations
- Lifestyle & Health Counseling
- Psychiatric Counseling Referrals Available
- Dietary Consultation
- Weight Loss Surgery Procedures
- Post-Operative Follow-Up Care
- Continuous Monitoring
- Ongoing Dietary Counseling
- Annual Check-Ups Available
Are You a Candidate for Weight Loss Surgery?
We consider many factors when determining if a weight loss procedure is right for our patients. If you meet one of the following criteria, you may be a candidate.
- Weigh 100 lbs. more than your ideal body weight.
- Have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 40 or more with no other obesity-related health conditions.
- Have a BMI between 35 and 40 and one other obesity-related health condition, such as high blood pressure, diabetes, or high cholesterol
If you have a higher than average BMI and want to know if your health is at risk, you should contact Dignity Health Medical Group for further assessments.
Types of Weight Loss Surgery Provided at Dignity Health Medical Group in Phoenix, AZ
This procedure helps individuals lose weight by restricting the amount of food and calories that can be eaten at one time. The part of the stomach that is removed secretes a hormone called ghrelin which is partly responsible for appetite and hunger. Due to the decreased amount of ghrelin, patients experience a loss or reduction in appetite. This loss of appetite induced by sleeve gastrectomy surgery helps individuals achieve weight loss.
Gastric Bypass Surgery helps individuals lose weight by restricting the amount of food and calories that can be eaten at one time. This not only helps you reduce your overall caloric intake, but it also helps you make better nutritional decisions. After your procedure, you may experience discomfort after eating sugars, fats, and carbs. This ensures you are not only losing weight but living a healthier and happier life as well. Learn more about Gastric Bypass.
The Benefits of Weight Loss Surgery
The team of surgeons at Dignity Health Medical Group are all board-certified by the American Board of Surgery and are members of the following societies:
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- Phoenix Surgical Society
The Benefits of Weight Loss Surgery
Minimally invasive surgery offers many benefits over traditional bariatric surgery including:
- Decreased chance of gastrointestinal leaks
- Lower chance of needing a follow-up surgery
- Lower chance of converting to open surgery
- Lower rate of complications
- Shorter hospital stay
Shawn Stevenson, DO is board-certified by the American Board of Surgery and is a member of the following societies:
Get Started Today!
Dignity Health Medical Group will become part of your personal weight loss support team. Our goal is to keep you informed and inspired toward achieving a healthier lifestyle. Our bariatric surgeons provide weight loss surgery to patients throughout the Phoenix area at our office in Chandler, Arizona. Call Dignity Health Medical Group to schedule your weight loss consultation.