Weight Loss and Bariatric Surgery
Expert Weight Loss Surgeons in the Phoenix area
Weight Loss Surgery is a Big Decision. Start Your Journey Here.
At Agave Surgery we specialize in finding the right weight loss solution for each individual living in Arizona near the Phoenix metro area. In conjunction with our hospital partners, we offer the following services to guide you through your weight loss journey:
- Pre-Surgery Consultations
- Pre-Surgery Testing & Medical Examinations
- Lifestyle & Health Counseling
- Psychiatric Counseling Referrals Available
- Dietary Consultation
- Weight Loss Surgery Procedures
- Post-Operative Follow-Up Care
- Continuous Monitoring
- Ongoing Dietary Counseling
- Annual Check-Ups Available
In order to be considered a candidate for weight loss surgery, you must meet several criteria, including weight and Body Mass Index (BMI). Contact us to see if you qualify today.
What is weight loss surgery?
Over 38% of Americans over the age of 20 are overweight in the United States. Throughout the world, more than 1.4 billion people are overweight. Because some people aren’t successful when attempting to lose weight through traditional diet and exercise, they opt for bariatric surgery. Weight loss surgery is a surgical process that helps make changes to your digestive system to help you lose weight. The main goal of the procedure is to reduce the number of calories the patient is able to take in and reduce the amount of fat being stored. During minimally invasive bariatric surgery, a few small incisions are made as opposed to a large incision in the abdomen.
What are the health benefits?
While individual results may vary, learn how bariatric surgery may help you eliminate obesity-related conditions such as diabetes, sleep apnea, and reflux disease.
Weight Loss Surgery options from Agave Surgical Specialists.
Learn about our minimally invasive surgery options including gastric bypass, sleeve gastrectomy and our non-surgical weight loss program through our bariatric hospital. Our weight loss doctors will guide you through the entire process, from pre-surgery to nutrition and support from your bariatric doctor all the way through post-surgery check-up.
Agave Surgical Specialists offers several types of weight loss surgery including:
The more common bariatric procedures performed by our Weight Loss Surgeons include:
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery: During this procedure, the surgeon removes a majority of your stomach. This, much like gastric bypass, reduces the amount of food you are able to carry.
- Gastric Band Surgery: Gastric band surgery reduces your stomach size by using an adjustable band wrapped around the stomach.
What are the Benefits of Bariatric Surgery?
Minimally invasive surgery offers many benefits over traditional bariatric surgery including:
- Decreased chance of gastrointestinal leaks
- Lower chance of needing a follow-up surgery
- Lower chance of converting to open surgery
- Lower rate of complications
- Shorter hospital stay
At Agave Surgical Specialists, we become your personal weight loss support team, keeping you informed and inspired toward achieving a healthier lifestyle. Our bariatric surgeons provide expert weight loss surgery at our offices in Mesa and Chandler, Arizona.